CommunityLINK ( Learning Includes Nutrition and Knowledge)
CommunityLINK programs are funded through the Ministry of Education. These funds are targeted for “vulnerable students”; those who may be at risk in terms of their academic achievement and social functioning.
Schools receiving CommunityLINK funding (25 Schools) include:
- 3 Secondary Schools (Esquimalt High, Spectrum High and Victoria High)
- 5 Middles Schools (Rockheights, Shoreline Community School, Lansdowne, Central, and Colquitz)
- 11 Elementary Schools (Craigflower, George Jay, Victoria West, James Bay Community School, Quadra, Tillicum Community School, Cloverdale, Macaulay, Oaklands, South Park, and View Royal)
- 2 Alternative programs (SJ Willis and Home Learners Link)
- 4 Families of schools, each receive a full time Youth and Family Counsellor (Oak Bay, Mt. Doug, Lambrick Park, and Reynolds)
Hot and Cold School Meal Programs are offered at 18 Schools; over 1000 lunches are served daily.
Other programs offered through CommunityLink include:
- Youth and Family Counsellors
- Community Schools
- Healthy Safe and Caring Schools program
- Aboriginal Nation Youth and Family Counsellors
- Esquimalt Nation Educational Liaison
- Student Withdrawal program
- Nature Kindergarten
For more information about CommunityLINK, please contact Tiffany Smyth.