StrongStart BC is a free early learning program for all preschool-aged children.
Our early childhood educators are finding new ways to connect with young children and their families during the Covid-19 pandemic. Each of our six Centres offers virtual programming through Facebook Groups and we will be offering in-person programming for small groups of families beginning on Monday, October 5th.
These programs are conducted by qualified early childhood educators who lead a variety of learning activities designed to support children on their learning path before they enter school. Parents and caregivers attending a StrongStart BC Centre can expect organized sessions like story time, play activities, and a snack to take with them when they leave.
- Families need to book a time to attend a StrongStart program. Use the booking app to reserve a time to visit. Each family can book one session per week. You will be able to book up to two weeks in advance.
- Everyone (children and adults) attending the StrongStart program needs to complete a Daily Health Assessment BEFORE they arrive at the StrongStart Centre.
- Masks for adults are recommended, and families are encouraged to bring their own masks.
- Adults need to maintain physical distance from other adults and children in the program.
- Children will be encouraged to minimize physical contact with others as much as possible.
New Online Registration
Families who are accessing our virtual or in-person programming need to register their child using our online registration form. To register, you will need to upload a photo of proof of your child’s age (e.g. birth certificate, passport, landed immigrant authorization, or INAC status card). Please complete a separate registration form for each child under 5 years of age.
Come to one of our six StrongStart programs to discover new ways to support your child’s learning, to make connections with other parents and caregivers who attend, and to gain important information about additional services and resources in our community.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 you must pre-register and book a time to visit a StrongStart location. Drop-ins are not being accepted at this time. Before you visit the location please read the site specific COVID-19 Protocols by clicking on the information in the last column of the table below.
|School||Address||Phone Number||COVID-19 Site Protocols|
|George Jay Elementary||1118 Princess Avenue||250-385-3381||George Jay Protocols|
|James Bay Community School||140 Oswego Street||250-384-7184||James Bay Protocols|
|Macaulay Elementary||1010 Wychbury Avenue||250-385-3441||Macaulay Protocols|
|McKenzie Elementary||4005 Raymond Street North||250-479-1691||McKenzie Protocols|
|View Royal Elementary||218 Helmcken Road||250-479-1671||View Royal Protocols|
|Craigflower Elementary||2766 Admirals Road||250-384-8157||Craigflower Protocols|