Facility Rentals is now located at 491 Cecelia Road

Frequently Asked Questions

Last Update – 2020

Maybe It’s Answered Here…

What rooms are available to rent?

Gyms, classrooms, libraries, theatres, fine arts studios and multipurpose rooms are available:

  • After 6:00 pm weekdays
  • 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Saturday and Sunday

What sports can I play on school fields?

Fields suitable for baseball, field hockey, soccer, rugby, football and frisbee are available.

When are fields available?

  • During daylight hours only. No fields have lights
  • After 6:00 pm weekdays
  • Any time on Saturday and Sunday
  • All fields are closed for the months of December and January
  • Fields may at any time be unavailable due to maintenance, construction or weather

How much will it cost?

Facility rental charges are based on the type of group and the room you wish to rent. There may also be extra charges for a custodian if staff is not regularly scheduled to work when you wish to book. (Most schools have custodial coverage on weekdays.) You will be charged for all weekend bookings and for any time that staff is not regularly on duty. In addition there are charges for tables and chairs, delivery, setup/take down, security of the building, opening, cleaning and closing, insurance and an administration fee. When booking a School’s Theatre it is necessary to pay for a sound and lighting technician. Please view our Community Use Rental Rates.

When am I considered booked?

Once your Rental Permit has been prepared, you are considered booked and the non-refundable administration fee is due and payable should you decide to cancel.

Is sports equipment included?

Only nets are provided by the School District. Please refer to item 9 in the Terms and Conditions of Rental Agreement for the type of equipment that is allowed.

Where do I park?

Parking for events must be confined to the school’s parking lot or street parking. Vehicles being driven on school property are limited to a maximum speed of 8 kilometers per hour. No parking is allowed on the school’s field or paved playground. The group is solely responsible and liable for all vehicles that enter or park on school or District property to attend the permit activity. It may be necessary to attend at the Facility Rentals Department office in order to obtain a parking lot gate key prior to your activity. A $50.00 deposit is required and will be refunded when the key is returned.

Are there tables and chairs?

Tables are available at a cost of $10.00 each and chairs at a cost of $1.00 each.

Do I need insurance?

Yes, every group using our Schools and Grounds must have a minimum $2 million liability insurance per occurrence naming the Board of Education of School District No. 61 (Greater Victoria) as an additional insured. If you don’t have insurance, coverage can be purchased through the School District.

Does the Custodian have to be in the school?

Yes. When our schools are used there must be a Custodian on site who knows all of the emergency and security procedures for the building.

How do I pay?

You can pay by cash, Debit, MasterCard or Visa when you pick up your permit. When your permit expires, adjustments for additions or cancellations will be made. If you wish, credit balances may be carried over to the following year or a refund cheque may be mailed at the end of the season.

What happens if the school needs the room I booked?

School programs take priority over all other uses. Schools try to give at least two week’s notice; however, sometimes a special situation may mean we have to cancel your group on short notice. If that happens we use our best efforts to contact you or your alternate at the numbers or email information we have on file. A Rental Amendment will be issued deleting the date from your Permit and your account will be credited.

What happens if I have to cancel or change a date?

If you cancel 3 business days before your booking, charges for the rental will be cancelled.

I have a question that’s not answered here – where should I call?

Our Rentals staff will be happy to answer your questions.
Please call 250-920-3499


Google Translate is used as a free tool to enhance the usability of the Greater Victoria School District website. As such, the Greater Victoria School Disctrict is not responsible for Google Translate™.