|Transportation Manager||Eric Fischer|
|Transportation Coordinator:||Janis Walker|
A link for S.J. Burnside Alternative school students only to apply for BC Transit passes will be available here from: 10:00 am Monday, October 28 to 5:00 pm Monday, November 4
New students to SD61, or students who have moved in catchment can still request Transportation for 2019-20.
When requesting Transportation, please provide the following in your email:
- Student’s Name(s)
- 18-19 Attending School and 19-20 Attending School (please state if you are new to SD61)
- Home Address
- Type of service requested (regular program, special needs, BC Transit pass)
Please email all inquiries to the Transportation Department:
2020-21 On-line bussing application information:
- The on-line application process for 2020-21 will take place close to Spring Break 2020, and this webpage will be updated with the details once available.
- Parents, whose children currently have SD61 Transportation service, will receive an email from Transportation providing on-line application details once available.
- All School Principals will receive 2020-21 on-line application details once available.
OUR GOAL IS TO PROVIDE EFFECTIVE, SAFE, EFFICIENT, AND RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION SERVICES FOR OUR STUDENTS
- Students must be attending their English catchment school.
- Students must live beyond the School District walk limits:
- 4 km for elementary school
- 4.8 km for middle and high schools
Special Needs Transportation
- New applicants must attend their English catchment school.
- Students must be designated with an IEP detailing a permanent physical or cognitive disability that necessitates the need for transportation.