A long-term facilities plan is being developed to guide capital investment, facility maintenance and community partnerships involving District buildings and lands. A comprehensive review of all buildings and programming is underway, overseen by the Facilities Plan Committee, a committee of trustees, staff, students and parents.
The Facilities Plan Committee will recommend to the Board a District Facilities Plan that:
- Aligns with the goals and vision of the Board’s Strategic Plan;
- Incorporates principles of sustainability both operationally and environmentally;
- Focuses on supporting students;
- Incorporates principles of equity across the District;
- Explains significant variances, risks to the forecasts and proposed changes to spending plans requiring approval.
To address the following specific areas in reference to the District Facilities Plan:
- Program and Educational Need;
- Demographics and Catchment;
- Condition, Utilization and Future Need;
- Community, Partnerships, and Enterprise;
- Lands and Lease.
A draft report will be provided at the June 2017 Operations Policy and Planning Committee meeting for comment. A final report will be provided by October 2017 to the Operations Policy and Planning Committee with final consideration by the Board in October 2017.