A long-term facilities plan has been developed to guide capital investment, facility maintenance and community partnerships involving District buildings and lands. A comprehensive review of all buildings and programming occurred and was overseen by the Facilities Plan Committee, a committee of trustees, staff, students and parents.
The Facilities Plan Committee made the following recommendations to the Board of Education when creating the Long Term Facilities Plan:
- Align the plan with the goals and vision of the Board’s Strategic Plan;
- Incorporate principles of sustainability both operationally and environmentally;
- Focus on supporting students;
- Incorporate principles of equity across the District;
- Explain significant variances, risks to the forecasts and proposed changes to spending plans requiring approval.
The committee recommended that the District Long Term Facilities Plan take into consideration:
- Demographics, Utilization and Capacity;
- Programming and Future Needs;
- Facility Condition;
- Community Partnership and Enterprise;
- Lands and Leasing; and
- Appendices – Schools Specific Information.
A draft report was provided at the June 2017 Operations Policy and Planning Committee meeting. A final report was provided in September 2017 to the Operations Policy and Planning Committee. As the District begins to implement the Long Term Facilities Plan we are welcoming on-going feedback from our community and our partners. Please provide comments to Communications and Community Engagement at Community@sd61.bc.ca
View the Long Term Facilities Plan: