Obtaining Past School Records

When a student attends school in B.C. they are issued a document called a B.C. Permanent Student Record Card. These PR cards are established and maintained by the schools and include pertinent demographic information including the student’s progress through school. These cards are kept in the student’s school file and follow the student as they go through elementary to middle to high school. The last school a student attends or graduates from retains these cards until the year the student turns 21. The PR cards are then transferred to the School Board Office where they are digitized and stored on a student record database. If you attended any other school after being in our district, your records could be located at that school or school district. If you require College or University records, you must contact those institutions to obtain those records. Please be aware that Student Transcripts are different than what is retained at the Board Office. Transcripts are issued by the Ministry of Education and only show Grade 11 and Grade 12 marks. To obtain a copy of your transcripts, please visit the Ministry of Education, Data Management and Student Certification Branch website.

To obtain a copy of your B.C. Permanent Student Record Card, a Request Form available here in PDF format must be filled out. The Request Form may be faxed, e-mailed or mailed to our office. A legible copy of your ID must accompany the Request Form and upon verification, the ID will be destroyed. If you come to our office, you will be asked to show your ID when you complete the Request Form. Photocopies of records are provided at no charge, however, if certified copies are required then there is a fee. Payment for certified copies must be received prior to records being released. The fees are as follows:

  • $10.00 for one copy,
  • $15.00 for two copies, and
  • $2.00 for each subsequent copy.

Fees may be paid by cheque, cash or money order and made payable to:

Greater Victoria School District #61
(Please note: we do not accept Debit, VISA or MasterCard)

If you need any further information, please call (250) 475-4207.


Google Translate is used as a free tool to enhance the usability of the Greater Victoria School District website. As such, the Greater Victoria School Disctrict is not responsible for Google Translate™.