DISTRICT HEALTH AND SAFETY COMMITTEE
While the Site-based Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committees are the committees required by the Workers Compensation Act and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, it is recognized that the District Health and Safety Committee can fulfill an important role as well. The District Health and Safety Committee will act solely in an advisory capacity making recommendations to the employer on health and safety topics aimed at establishing a safe and healthy working environment. The District Health and Safety Committee will adhere to the terms of reference as established by the committee.
The Committee shall report through the District Health and Safety Officer and shall consist of the following representation:
- two representatives of the Board’s District administration;
- three representatives selected by the Greater Victoria Teachers’ Association;
- two representatives selected by the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 382;
- two representatives selected by the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 947;
- one representative selected by the Allied Specialists’ Association.
Greater Victoria School District
- Approved: April 22, 1991
- Revised: October 3, 2000
- Revised and renamed: September 16, 2013