The following Partnership Regulations have been designed to support any school or District Department in the development of an on-going relationship with a community organization. This includes both the business and non-business sectors.
School/District Department and Responsibility
Schools and Departments can actively seek a partnership opportunity.
It is important that potential partnerships be communicated with the Superintendent. This communication will occur prior to a commitment to any partnership agreement and will continue on a monthly basis if the partnership continues.
School and District staff will work together to ensure that District Policy and Regulations are followed.
Anyone pursuing a partnership activity should ensure that stakeholders are consulted, informed and in agreement with the partnership plans.
When schools or district departments have large projects with a budget of $100,000.00 (one hundred thousand) or greater a committee comprised of stakeholder groups (CUPE, GVTA, VPVPA, PAC) will be formed to coordinate the activities and relationships with the business and/or community organization.
Upon the successful completion of a partnership arrangement, the school or district department will communicate with the Superintendent regarding the successful completion of the partnership.
Superintendent Role and Responsibility
The Superintendent shall:
- ensure any partnership activities comply with all legal and legislated/ Ministerial orders. These will fall under the School Act.
- ensure that District Policy and Regulations are followed.
- inform schools and the community of potential partnership opportunities. This will be done in a fair and equitable manner.
- review and evaluate District-wide partnerships to ensure they are consistent with Board policies, regulations and values.
- recognize partnerships offered by the community to schools and/or the District and acknowledge such activities in a fair and equitable manner.
- approve any formal recognition in the form of a fixed sign or plaque.
Greater Victoria School District
Adopted: January 25, 1999
Revised: June 20, 2016