SERVICE OF ARCHITECTS – PRELIMINARY DRAWINGS AND SPECIFICATIONS
Sketch plans for new construction or alterations prepared by the Architect shall be submitted to the School Plant Division.
The following steps shall be incorporated in the preparation of the plans:
- The Ministry of Education School Building Manual shall be used as a guide.
- Education and Technical specifications as prepared by the School Plant Manager shall be used to determine the more specific needs of the School District.
- Sketch plans shall include a site plan, showing the extent of new construction, the original buildings, services, trees, portables and any other physical features.
- Sketch plans shall show the elevation of any existing buildings and the proposed new construction:
- to indicate how new construction will match existing building;
- indicate material and type of construction of new building.
- Estimated cost will be submitted for alterations and additions (cost to be broken down as much as possible).
- Sketch plans to be submitted in triplicate.
- Any variations to Municipal or other by-laws must have the approval of the authorities before sketch plans are submitted to the School Plant Division.
- Sketch plans shall be reviewed by the School Plant Division.
- The School Plant Division will communicate with the architects when sketch plans have been approved, with changes, if necessary.
Greater Victoria School District
- Approved: November 1971
- Various revisions:
- Revised: June 1980
- Revised: June 28, 1982 (and re-numbered from 7231)