CONSTRUCTION PROGRAMS FOR STUDENTS
All proposed off-campus construction projects for students must first be approved by the appropriate zone assistant superintendent.
- The principal, in consultation with the appropriate zone assistant superintendent, shall advertise for clients through the Community Relations office. The advertisement shall contain detailed specification and restrictions.
- The restrictions shall include:
- the maximum distance that the project can be from the school;
- the nature of the project(s) to be considered
- A committee composed of the school principal, administrative assistant or industrial education department head, construction teacher and zone assistant superintendent shall review the application and select the project(s).
- The secretary-treasurer and successful applicant shall execute a proper contract for the project.
- The client will pay the cost of all materials used.
- The client shall pay mileage and upkeep costs of a school vehicle used to transport students to and from the site.
- In selecting projects priority will be given to requests from the handicapped, senior citizens and pensioners.
- No employee of the Board or school trustee shall apply for or be awarded a construction project.
Greater Victoria School District
- Approved: March 29, 1982