SCHOOL HEALTH SERVICES
The Capital Regional Community Health Department shall be expected to carry out the following services:
- Carry out testing of vision and hearing of school students at various levels.
- Carry out physical examinations of students and/or staff as required.
- Carry out, on a regular basis, inspections of facilities and, where appropriate, equipment.
- Advise on the needs for school health facilities.
- Advise on levels of lighting and noise.
- Advise on psychological or psychiatric referrals of students and/or staff.
- Advise and participate in family life programs.
- Advise and participate in nutrition programs.
- Advise on first aid requirements – facilities, equipment, materials.
- Advise schools on student and/or staff medication.
- Advise on learning disabilities as related to physical and mental health.
- Provide schedule for tuberculosis screening of staff and students as required.
- Provide for Rubella testing of females.
- Conduct on a scheduled basis immunization of students and/or staff.
- In an emergency, to carry out procedures to maintain good health.
Greater Victoria School District
- Approved: March 1975