Police Sponsored Youth Activities in School District No. 61 (Greater Victoria) Facilities
School facilities shall be made available to police sponsored activities under the Board’s rental regulations and the following conditions;
1. That all clubs have proper constitutions, stating aims, rules and regulations, and a sponsor acceptable to the police force and the School Board.
2. That each youth group establish suitable criteria (e.g. registered membership) for admission to group activities.
3. That the membership be limited to the age group 14 – 18 years of age, and/or students registered in grades 10 – 12, and honorary members.
4. That the admission charges not exceed $1.50 per person.
5. That the numbers admitted to the activity not exceed the number permitted by the local fire chief or marshal.
6. That all activities cease at 11:30 p.m. (building clear by 12:00 midnight).
7. That alcoholic beverages and drugs will not be permitted on the premises.
8. That smoking or use of other tobacco products be prohibited.
9. That a group of at least eight members will assist with the rough cleanup of the facilities between 11:30 p.m. and midnight.
10. That the number of dances be limited to one Friday per month per club.
11. That bookings for the activities be made at least three weeks in advance. (This permits the previous regulations on facility use to continue).
12. That the sponsoring police force be responsible for the enforcement of the above regulations.
13. That rental rates be determined under the regulations, plus additional clean up costs if applicable.
14. Amplified band practices and performances will only be allowed with authorization by the Principal of the school concerned and the Rentals Department and are subject to sound level limitations.
Greater Victoria School District
Approved: August 1970 (as 5134.1 a, b)
Revised: May 1975 (corrected July 1975)
Revised: October 2007