DEPUTY SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
The Deputy Superintendent shall be responsible to the Superintendent of Schools. The duties and responsibilities of the position shall include curriculum and program functions, as well as administrative functions. The duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist the Superintendent is all matters related to the operation of the District.
- Assume the duties of Acting Superintendent in the absence of the Superintendent of Schools.
- Supervise and coordinate curriculum and instruction in the District.
- Supervise and evaluate all instructional programs.
- Analyze District needs and develop plans for the improvement of educational programs.
- Ensure that all programs within the District are implemented in accordance with British Columbia Ministry of Education requirements.
- Coordinate and administer the District’s staff development program.
- Assist with the supervision and evaluation of District and school administrators.
- Ensure that appropriate plans are in place to support the Board of Education’s goals and strategic directions.
- Serve as the administrative liaison to one of the standing committees of the Board.
- Assume other additional responsibilities as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
Greater Victoria School District
Approved: October 24, 2016