ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION 1322.1
STUDENT PARTICIPATION IN PUBLIC CONTESTS AND EVENTS
A public contest or event in which students participate in the name of the school shall have demonstrable educational value, or promote the general benefit of the community, and must not be intended primarily to result in private financial profit.
1. The contest or event should supplement, and not interfere with, the regular school program.
2. Participation by students shall be voluntary.
3. The sponsor must be willing to assume all administrative and clerical burdens associated with the contest or event, including the selection of judges.
4. A sponsor seeking student participation through the schools must submit their request in writing to the principal at least three weeks before the anticipated starting date of the contest or event.
5. The decision on participation rests with the principal.
Adopted: July 1972 (replaces Regulation 1322, dated September 1962)
Revised: March 11, 2019