Adopted: May 28, 2018
Frequency of Review:
This regulation is created for the purpose of providing clear guidance around the mechanisms to be used to monitor equity within the district and guide decision-making around resource allocations of all kinds in development with the District budget.
1.0 DATA-INFORMED DECISION MAKING
1.1 Principals will:
• identify and address systemic barriers that limit or prevent opportunities for students; and
• report student achievement data annually to the Board.
1.2 The Board will utilize a data-informed decision making process to:
• identify and address systemic barriers that limit or prevent opportunities for students;
• identify and create a list of equity-seeking elementary, middle, and secondary schools before the budget is determined using an objective mechanism which ranks schools by at least two indicators of need using Baragar data (eg. Socio-Economic Indicator and Prevalence of Low Income) and School District Data for the net cross boundary loss for each school; and
• maintain records of equity seeking schools and populations and the method utilized to make those determinations.
2.0 RESOURCE ALLOCATION
2.1 Resource allocation refers to the distribution of human resources and financial resources.
2.2 Resources will be allocated equitably across socio-economically advantaged and
2.3 A Base Plus Approach will be applied in resource allocation. This approach refers to allocation that:
• Requires the minimum level of service be provided to all schools and populations as a base and that additional services be provided to equity seeking schools and populations.
2.4 Funds allocated to schools for the purpose of equity will be tracked.