The Board operates The Summer School as a service to the students and staff of the district, but may, on a fee-for-service basis, extend the service to non-district people
The operation of The Summer School shall be within the budgetary guidelines set by the Board and subject to any Board directions with respect to curriculum.
The Board offers programs during the summer months in order to provide:
- continuous learning for students.
- opportunities for students to build strength in weak academic areas.
- opportunities for students to earn credits to meet graduation requirements.
- alternative approaches for students with special needs.
- learning opportunities for students with special interests.
Greater Victoria School District
Adopted: September 1962
Revised: July 1975
Revised: January 23, 1978
Revised: February 27, 1989