The Greater Victoria School Board recognizes and supports the development of mutually beneficial partnerships between the Board, schools and the community, including business and non-business sectors, which are consistent with Board policies, regulations and values. The Board believes these relationships can be an important aspect of a child’s education and will benefit the educational system as a whole.
To help in the development of such partnerships the Board has developed Regulations which are intended to help schools and/or District staff initiate partnership activities. It is important to note that:
- communications between the District and schools regarding large projects must be current and up-to-date
- partnerships must enhance learning opportunities
- partnerships must ensure children and the schools are not exploited
- recognition of all forms of partnership between the community, and schools, and/or the District shall be acknowledged in a fair and equitable manner
- for large projects, school-based committees will be formed to coordinate the activities and relationships with the business and/or the community organization and District staff.
Please refer to: Partnership 1325 (attach)
Greater Victoria School District
Adopted: January 25, 1999
Revised: September 8, 1999
Revised: April 18, 2016