PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
The Board of Education of School District No. 61 (Greater Victoria) undertook a comprehensive process to develop a 3 – 5 year strategic plan in 2016.
The Board developed a Mission Statement that states: We nurture each student’s learning and well-being in a safe, responsive and inclusive learning community.
The Vision of the Board states: Each student within our world class learning community has the opportunity to fulfill their potential and pursue their aspirations.
The Board is committed to the following values:
- Engagement – Students are actively engaged in their education and connected to our learning community.
- Equity – We give each student the opportunity to fulfill their potential.
- Innovation/Positive Change – We are innovative. We constantly seek ways to make positive change.
- Integrity – We are ethical and fair.
- Openness and Transparency – We are open about the decisions we make and how we make them.
- Partnerships – We create open and respectful partnerships with each member of our learning community.
- Respect – We respect ourselves, others, and our environment.
- Social Responsibility and Justice – It is our shared responsibility to work with and inspire students to create a better world.
Greater Victoria School District
Approved: November 26, 1984
Revised: October 28, 1985
Revised: April 18, 2016
Revised: June 20, 2016