AD HOC COMMITTEE OF THE BOARD
- The Board may establish Ad Hoc Committees of the Board.
- An Ad Hoc Committee shall be an advisory committee established for a temporary purpose to deal with a specific issue. The Ad Hoc Committee shall report to the appropriate Standing Committee of the Board, within the time prescribed and within its terms of reference, with recommendation for action, which may include a recommendation for policy change.
- All committees established by the Board of Education including Standing Committees of the Board, are considered advisory committees to the Board.
- Ad Hoc Committees of the Board require a Terms of Reference document (template attached), which will be drafted by school district senior administration and presented to the Board.
- Trustee members of any Ad Hoc Committee shall be as selected by the Board.
- The membership of the Committee shall select a Chair at the first meeting of the Committee.
- The Chairperson of the Board shall be a member of all Ad Hoc Committees, without voting rights.
- The Superintendent or designate may be a member of all Ad Hoc Committees.
- The Ad Hoc Committee shall be dissolved by motion of the Board.
Greater Victoria School District
- Approved: April 27, 1981
- Revised: Sept. 22, 1986
- Revised: October 24, 1988
- Minor revisions: June 1998
- Adopted: February 25, 2002
- Reviewed: March 2012
- Revised: April 20, 2015
- Revised: November 16, 2015
Ad Hoc Committee Terms of Reference Template