- School District No. 61, Greater Victoria, shall be operated on the basis of two standing committees reporting to the Board of Education. These two committees shall be:
a) the Education Policy and Directions Committee; and
b) the Operations Policy and Planning Committee
- The purpose of each standing committee shall be firstly to clarify issues that need to be referred to the Board for review and decision making and, secondly, to present policy recommendations for Board consideration.
- The Chair of the Board shall be an exofficio member of both Committees, with voting rights.
- A quorum is a majority of trustee members on the committee.
- Motions may be referred to a Standing Committee by any trustee member of the Board. Where possible the motion(s) should be circulated three (3) working days prior to the meeting.
Greater Victoria School District
Adopted: April 27, 1981
Revised: January 31, 1983
Revised: October 27, 1997
Adopted: February 25, 2002
Revised: March 30, 2009
Reviewed: March 2012
Revised: January 18, 2016
Revised: October 24, 2016