THE OPERATIONS POLICY AND PLANNING COMMITTEE
- 1. Within thirty days from the date of the election of Trustees to the Board of Education of School District No. 61 (Greater Victoria) and thereafter following the November Board meeting of each year, the Chair of the Board shall appoint four Trustees to comprise the membership of the Operations Policy and Planning Committee.
2. At the call of the Secretary-Treasurer, or delegate, the Committee shall meet for the purpose of electing its Chair within twenty-one days of the date of its membership having been named and thereafter in accordance with the provisions of Bylaw 9360.2 Meetings of the Standing Committees. Tie votes will be referred to the regular Board Meeting for resolution.
3. Associated with the Committee, by way of auxiliary staff, shall be the Superintendent of Schools or delegate, the Secretary-Treasurer or delegate, the Director of Human Resource Services, the Director of Facilities Services, the Associate Secretary-Treasurer, the Director of Information Technology and any other administrative officers as may be required by the Committee.
4. The Operations Policy and Planning Committee shall meet in accordance with the provisions of Bylaw 9360.2 Meetings of the Standing Committees for the purpose of developing for Board consideration major impact areas related to:
a) all personnel matters;
b) all financial and legal matters;
c) all matters related to the facilities required to provide educational programs;
d) information technology and planning matters.
5. The Committee shall report to the regular meetings of the Board in general session, or in-camera as may be appropriate, as provided for in Bylaw 9360.2 Meetings of the Standing Committees and as otherwise may be required by the Chair of the Board or may be considered relevant by the Committee.
Greater Victoria School District
Adopted: April 27, 1981
Revised and Renamed: November 24, 1997
Adopted: February 25, 2002
Reviewed: March 2012
Revised: December 14, 2015
Revised: December 12, 2016