THE EDUCATION POLICY AND DIRECTIONS COMMITTEE
1. Within thirty days from the date of the election of Trustees to the Board of Education of School District No. 61 (Greater Victoria) and thereafter following the November Board Meeting of each year, the Chair of the Board shall appoint four Trustees to comprise the membership of the Education Policy and Directions Committee.
2. At the call of the Secretary-Treasurer, or delegate, the Committee shall meet for the purpose of electing its Chair within twenty-one days of the date of its membership having been named, and thereafter in accordance with the provisions of Bylaw 9360.2 Meetings of the Standing Committees. Tie votes will be referred to the regular Board Meeting for resolution.
3. Associated with the Committee, by way of auxiliary staff, shall be the Superintendent of Schools or delegate, a Director or Deputy/Associate Superintendent named by the Superintendent, and other administrative officers as may be required by the Committee.
4. The Education Policy and Directions Committee shall meet in accordance with the provisions of Bylaw 9360.2 Meetings of the Standing Committees for the purpose of:
a) Providing direction to administration on the development of new educational policies and to review Board motions which require translation to educational policy.
b) Considering matters affecting the educational programs of the school district and making recommendations where appropriate.
c) Receiving and considering reports and recommendations from district staff, partner groups and community groups on educational matters referred by the Board.
d) Considering such other matters as may be referred by the Board and making recommendations thereon as required.
5. The Committee shall report to the regular meetings of the Board in general session, or in-camera, as may be appropriate, as provided for in Bylaw 9360.2 Meetings of the Standing Committees and as otherwise may be required by the Chair of the Board or may be considered relevant by the Committee.
Greater Victoria School District
Adopted: April 27, 1981
Revised: October 27, 1997
Adopted: February 25, 2002
Reviewed: March 2012
Revised: December 14, 2015
Revised: December 12, 2016