EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
The Greater Victoria School District #61 is looking to hire certified Early Childhood Educators (ECE) to work alongside teachers in Kindergarten and early primary classrooms.
The Greater Victoria School District provides public educational services to over 20,000 students in the Greater Victoria Area, encompassing six municipalities. To provide this service, the District has a current operating budget of $210 million and employs approximately 3,500 staff; which includes, teachers, principals and vice-principals, support staff, psychologists, speech and language pathologists and exempt managerial staff.
Under the direction of school’s principal and District Leaning Team, the Early Childhood Educator will work collaboratively with the classroom teacher to support the social-emotional well-being of students and create play-based learning experiences inspired by the principles of the Early Learning Framework.
Education and Experience:
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education (two year)
- Valid License issued by Community Care Facilities Branch BC
- Valid Child Safe First Aid Certificate
- One (1) year experience working with children in the early years (birth – 8 years)
- Experience implementing early years programming aligned with the principles of the Early Learning Framework and the First Peoples’ Principles of Learning
Although this is currently an on-call position, it can lead to continuing employment in the future. This position falls within the CUPE 947 Collective Agreement at a pay rate of $27.29 per hour, plus 13% in lieu of benefits.
Please send your cover letter, resume, proof of qualifications, as well as email contact information for three professional references, to:
Human Resource Services
Greater Victoria School District #61
556 Boleskine Road, Victoria, BC V8Z 1E8
While we appreciate all applications received, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.