Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Feedback Invited on Proposed 2021/22 School Year Calendar
VICTORIA, BC – The Greater Victoria School District welcomes your feedback on the proposed calendar for the 2021/22 school year.
The District school calendar highlights non-instructional days, vacation breaks, school openings and last day of classes. The proposed calendar for the upcoming school year puts forward the following for consideration:
- First day of classes on Tuesday, September 7, 2021
- Last day of classes before Winter Break – Friday, December 17, 2021
- Schools re-open after Winter Break – Tuesday, January 4, 2022
- Last day of classes before Spring Break – Friday, March 18, 2022
- Schools re-open after Spring Break – Monday, April 4, 2022
- Last day of classes for students on Thursday, June 23, 2022
To view the full proposed calendar visit: www.sd61.bc.ca/news-events/calendars/proposed-2021-2022-school-calendar/
The Greater Victoria School District has collaborated with neighbouring districts in Saanich (School District #63) and Sooke (School District #62) to align calendar dates, including spring and winter breaks, as much as possible.
All feedback can be directed to Communications & Community Engagement via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for feedback is Monday, March 29, 2021, at 4 pm. The calendar will be finalized and posted on the District website in April 2021.
For more information contact:
Communications & Community Engagement
Greater Victoria School District