Tuesday, February 25, 2020
Feedback Invited on Proposed 2020/21 School Year Calendar
VICTORIA, BC – The Greater Victoria School District welcomes your feedback on the proposed calendar for the 2020/21 school year.
The district school calendar highlights non-instructional days, vacation breaks, school openings and last day of classes. The proposed calendar for the upcoming school year puts forward the following for consideration:
- First day of classes on September 8, 2020
- Last day of classes before Winter Break – Friday, December 18, 2020
- Schools re-open after Winter Break – Monday, January 4, 2021
- Last day of classes before Spring Break – Friday, March 12, 2021
- Schools re-open after Spring Break – Monday, March 29, 2021
- Last day of classes for students on June 24, 2021
To view the full proposed calendar visit: www.sd61.bc.ca/news-events/calendars/proposed-2020-2021-school-calendar/
The Greater Victoria School District has collaborated with neighbouring districts in Saanich (School District #63) and Sooke (School District #62) to align calendar dates, including spring and winter breaks, as much as possible.
All feedback can be directed to Communications & Community Engagement, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for feedback is on Tuesday, March 24, 2020, at 4 pm. The calendar will be finalized and posted on the District website in April 2020.
For more information contact:
Communications & Community Engagement
Greater Victoria School District