Speech & Language Pathologists
Inclusive Learning, Victor School
To assist SBTs through the provision of Speech Language services
Teachers can initiate referrals for SLP services through the SBT. The SBT must consult the SLP about each student prior to the referral being submitted.
The SBT submits the GVSD Referral For Assessment form.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE/ROLE OF SLP:
- Provide consultation, assessment, recommendations and training to parents, classroom teachers, SBTs and IEP Teams
- Develop goals and strategies for select students’ Individual Education Plans
- Provide appropriate programming and materials for students with language, articulation, voice or fluency disorders
- Provide direct intervention – individually, or in small groups
- Recommend, develop, and work with school personnel to implement augmentative communication systems for expressive communication
- Collaborate with school staff, parents, and community agencies to address the individual needs of students and provide resources and strategies for prevention of future speech, language and learning issues
- Attend SBT Meetings to discuss referrals and to consult with other team members
- Supervise graduate students and mentor newly-hired SLPs