One Learning Community: Diversity is our Strength
Guiding Principles – Inclusive Learning
- We believe that success for each and every student is our work.
- We believe inclusion equitably supports and appropriately challenges all students.
- We anticipate, celebrate and purposefully plan for diversity.
- We use our comprehensive resources and supports in a cohesive, coordinated manner to support success for all students.
- We create flexible and accessible inclusive environments that support age-appropriate placement of students in their catchment schools.
- We seek to understand and foster strengths while supporting the diverse learning needs of all.
- We nurture collaborative partnerships with parents and all education partners.
- We create flexible learning opportunities that address the diverse needs of students through relevant, accessible and appropriate use of curriculum and resources.
The Learning Support/Inclusive Learning Team provides both direct and consultative services to students with special needs and the staff that supports them. Our professionals and paraprofessional staff work in partnership with school-based staff to address the challenges faced by students with exceptionalities.
Director of Learning Support Team: Harold Caldwell (250) 475-4155
Principal of Inclusive Learning: Sean McCartney (250) 475-4194
Inclusive Learning Administrator: Pam Halverson (250) 475-4114
District Learning Support Teacher: Teri Bembridge (250) 475-4248
District Learning Support Teacher: Mary Chiappetta (250) 475-4249
District Learning Support Teacher: Laurissa Evancio-Barker (250) 475-4244
District Learning Support Teacher: Tresa Marshall (250) 475-4231
District Learning Support Teacher: Monique Moore (250) 475-4230
District Learning Support Teacher: Tanya Ross (250) 475-4184
District Learning Support Teacher: Debra Caso-Rohland (250) 475-4111
Augmentative Communication Assistant: Cheryl Warmenhoven (250) 519-2110
Fax: (250) 519-2109
Location: Victor School, 2260 Victor Street, Victoria, B.C. V8R 4C5
Transportation Coordinator (now located at Facilities, 491 Cecelia Road):
Janis Walker phone (250) 920-3447, fax (250) 920-3461