(6 Month Term with Renewable Option)
(3rd or 4th year – 3 positions)
The Greater Victoria School District provides public educational services to over 20,000 students in the Greater Victoria Area, encompassing six municipalities. To provide this service, the District has a current operating budget of $190 million and employs approximately 3,000 staff; which includes, teachers, principals and vice-principals, support staff, psychologists, speech and language pathologists and exempt managerial staff.
The Greater Victoria School District is currently accepting resumes for Painter Apprentices. Successful applicants:
- Must be a 3rd or 4th year Painter Apprentice working towards a Red Seal Certificate of trade qualification as a Painter/Decorator as issued or recognized by the Province of BC.
- Must possess a demonstrated knowledge of the standards, practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment used for the construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds or equipment in his/her area of expertise.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s License.
- Proven ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with other workers, supervisory and teaching staff, students and the public.
- Must have working knowledge of digital technology; including email, online databases and facilities management software used by School District #61.
- Must be physically able to perform all duties as noted in the Job Description.
Salary: $29.57 per hour plus allowances on the following schedule:
- 3rd year apprentice will receive 75% of the wage for the first 6 months, then 80% for the next 6 months.
- 4th year apprentice will receive 85% of the wage for the first 6 months, then 95% for the next 6 months.
Hours: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
This position falls within the CUPE 382 bargaining unit. Please click here for a complete job description.
Please submit letter of introduction, résumé, proof of Trade Qualification and references to:
Human Resource Services
Greater Victoria School District No. 61
556 Boleskine Road, Victoria, BC V8Z 1E8
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Fax: 250-475-4113
School District 61 thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.