Esquimalt Secondary School
Rugby Academy – Athletic Therapist
Esquimalt Secondary School Rugby Academy is seeking an Athletic Therapist to support our sports program. The Athletic Therapist will be hired on a year-long term contract (sixty sessions for the year) to be reviewed on an annual basis. This position falls under the direction of the Principal and supervision of the Academy Coordinator.
The successful candidate will be a Certified Athletic Therapist in good standing with the CATA/ATABC; have Red Cross First Responder (or equivalent); be a NSCA Certified Strength and Condition Specialist (preferred); and have strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with the ability to lead and mentor youth.
Duties of this position include; assisting the Academy Director and support staff with the operations of the Esquimalt Rugby Academy; providing clinical assessment and treatment with the delivery of on field strength and conditioning, and injury prevention for the athletes. The successful candidate will have a strong sports background be comfortable working in a group setting and may be required to provide field coverage for training/ games as needed.
Responsibilities of the Athletic Therapist:
- Provide emergency injury management at practice/games when required
- Provide appropriate rehabilitation/treatment when required
- Maintain an accurate record of all injuries
- Provide athletic bracing/strapping as required
- Establish and maintain an adequate emergency care kit
- Implement sports specific training/conditioning techniques both indoors and on the field
- Collaborate with the Rugby Academy staff regarding student injuries and rehabilitation
Please submit a letter of introduction, résumé, and references to:
Human Resource Services, Greater Victoria School District #61
556 Boleskine Road, Victoria, BC V8Z 1E8
Or 250-475-4113 (fax) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission is: 4:00 PM Friday, September 1, 2017.
Please note: The District thanks all applicants but only those selected for interview will be contacted