POLLING AT SCHOOLS
- Elections shall have precedence over any conflicting activities, under all circumstances.
- No events that may cause a problem to the conduct of a poll are to be allowed on school premises on the day of an Election.
- Personnel in schools having Polling Stations will ensure that their schools provide adequate support to the conduct of any poll.
- The District Calendar shall include the annual School Board/Schools should make note that School Board and Municipal Elections are held on the third Saturday in November of each election year.
- The Rentals Department shall be responsible for negotiating with those persons responsible for the conduct of elections as to space, equipment, heat and other requirements.
- The Board’s switchboard is to be open at least one hour prior to the opening of the polls on Election days and remain open until the time set by the Secretary- Treasurer.
- Polling station equipment, wherever possible, is to be in place on the night prior to the opening of the Polling Station, and Polling Stations are to be opened at least 30 minutes before the time requested by Election officials.
- Backup is to be available to all personnel responsible for opening schools for polls.
- The janitor opening the school is to call the Board’s switchboard as soon as possible after the school is opened.
Greater Victoria School District
- Approved: October 26, 1987