Information for New Applicants

Teacher Positions

French Fluency Requirements for Teaching Positions

TTOC Application Requirements

TTOC Hiring Criteria

TTOC Selection Process

Teacher Request – Review of Educational Preparation

Clerical, Information Technology & Student Support Positions

CUPE 947 External Application Form

Maintenance & Operations Positions

CUPE 382 External Application Form

CUPE 382 Internal Application Form


How do I apply for a job with the Victoria School District?

Check the Employment Opportunities page on our website to see if applications are being accepted in your area of expertise. If so, a resume and cover letter may be: mailed, emailed, faxed, hand-delivered, or for teaching positions, “Make A Future” ( If you are applying for a posted position, an application form is linked to the posting should you wish to use it, but as an external applicant you must also include a resume and all other relevant documentation.

Will I receive a response after submitting an application or resume?

No, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted/acknowledged.

How do I find out about vacancies?

All vacancies for our District can be found on our website, in schools and/or District departments and on our job board at 556 Boleskine Road. Some specific vacancies will also appear in local or regional newspapers and on related websites.

What are the hours of operation for HR?

We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. during the school year. Summer hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.

Does everyone need a Criminal Records check?

Yes, all District employees must consent to a Criminal Records check and submit the processing fee of $28.00, when applicable.

What is an “On-Call” employee?

An “On-Call” or “Spareboard” employee is:

  • Called when work is available, generally substituting for an absent employee;
  • Assigned to work in any school or department in the Greater Victoria School District;
  • Not guaranteed work every day, although an attempt is made to keep people regularly employed;
  • Generally the first step to becoming a permanent employee.

Does everyone get July and August off?

No, some of our employees work year round and others work 10, 10.5 or 11 months of the year. Seasonal workers may be employed during the spring and summer months.

How do I use the ADS (Automated Dispatch System)?

All the user guides are on our website. Go to Departments -Human Resources to locate the appropriate guide for your employee group. If you still have questions, please call 250-475-4126.

How do I get my job reviewed for reclassification?

Whenever the duties and responsibilities of a job change significantly the incumbent(s)/Union or the supervisor/Employer may request a job evaluation review by completing and submitting a Request for JJEC Review Form along with an approved job description and qualifications sheet.

Where the duties and responsibilities as described by the job description and qualifications sheet have been significantly changed and approved, the Committee shall meet to rate each sub-factor of the job and to establish a new rating for the job.





Google Translate is used as a free tool to enhance the usability of the Greater Victoria School District website. As such, the Greater Victoria School Disctrict is not responsible for Google Translate™.