As a candidate for School Trustee, my only ambition is to improve the quality of education in School District 61. My priorities for the next four years include:
- Optimizing the use of school facilities to accommodate diverse community needs.
- Increasing access to high quality before and after school care.
- Supporting diverse learners in an inclusive environment.
- Improving school transportation for students.
- Expanding opportunities for education around food systems and the natural environment.
- Collaborating with other levels of government to improve local education.
The multiple roles I have played in my community (father, husband, engaged citizen, union steward, community association member) will inform how I approach these priorities – with collaboration, respect, inclusion of diverse voices, and a genuine desire to improve local education.